Bus Passes & Other Resources

ORCA Bus Passes

It’s here! Now you can ride around the Sound with one pass. Whether you ride the bus, train, or ferry, your ORCA (One Regional Card for All) card has you covered. Ask your employer if they provide an ORCA card or check out the ORCA website to learn how to get your own.

using an orca card

Are you an employer looking to provide ORCA cards to employees? Consider an ORCA Business Account. To learn more about setting up your account and promoting it to employees you can also visit the Employer Services page.

Don't Just Save, WIN!

You can save some cash by riding the bus. Check out this calculator to see how much. Even better, if you log your trips in the Pierce Trips Calendar you can win great prizes. Check out the Campaigns page to see what you could win.

Emergency Ride Home

If your employer partners with Pierce Transit and you use a smart commute option to get to work, you may be eligible for a free taxi ride home in case of an emergency. Visit Pierce Trips’ Emergency Ride Home page for more information or contact your Employee Transportation Coordinator.  

Are you a state employee?

State employees who work in Pierce, King and Snohomish counties can commute by bus or train for free. If you are not served by transit, then join a vanpool and receive a $50 monthly subsidy to apply to your vanpool fare.   

You have four great options:

 Click here  for state employee ORCA FAQs.

Reduced Transit Fare

On Pierce Transit Routes: Discounts for seniors, individuals with a disability and Medicare Card holders: if you are 65 or older, have a qualifying doctor-verified disability, or have a Medicare card you may ride for a discounted fare. You must show a valid Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP) when paying a discounted fare. You can learn more here.

On Sound Transit, King County Metro routes and other transit agency routes:

ORCA LIFT is a transit card that allows riders to pay a reduced bus fare because their household income is less than or equal to 200% the federal poverty level, established by the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services. You can learn more about ORCA LIFT here. You can apply for ORCA LIFT at any DSHS Community Services Office across Washington State. Find an office near you here.