- Feature Links
- About Us
Since 1992, Pierce County jurisdictions and Pierce Transit have been working together through a Transportation Demand Management (TDM) / Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) Technical Work Group to develop, implement and administer CTR efforts in a consistent manner countywide. This Work Group operates under the name “Pierce Trips.”
Pierce Trips represents Pierce County, Pierce Transit, and the Cities of DuPont, Fife, Gig Harbor, Lakewood, Puyallup, Sumner,Tacoma and University Place. Pierce Trips is administered by the partnership of Pierce County, Pierce Transit and City of Tacoma.
The Pierce Trips mission is to champion the use of transportation options amongst its residents and commuters working at locations in Pierce County. Our main goal is to assist residents and commuters with transportation needs through a host of support services and programs.
Several employer services and programs are in place to help employers with development and implementation of their CTR programs. These services and programs were developed to help employers meet CTR goals established by the CTR Efficiency Act. Pierce Trips continues to be able to provide these services at no cost to employers through a combination of local funds, state funds, and successful federal grant awards.
Several commuter/traveler services and programs are in place to help commuters/travelers learn about and use travel options such as walking, bicycling, riding the bus or train, car or vanpooling, working from home (telework) and working a compressed work week schedule.
Services and programs provided by Pierce Trips
- Program development and analysis assistance*
- Employee Transportation Coordinator training*
- Employer network opportunities
- ORCA product assistance
- Survey assistance*
- Staffing at worksite transportation fairs*
- Vanpool formation assistance
- Marketing materials such as posters and brochures*
- Online library of materials*
- ZIP Code maps*
- RideshareOnine.com online ridematching
- Countywide and statewide campaigns, see eligibility criteria for each campaign
- HOV parking signs and hang tags*
- Commuter Information Centers*
- Emergency Ride Home*
- Quarterly and Annual Employer recognition*
*This service or program is only available to CTR-affected employers or Partnering employers.